Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Electone Dreams... A man's search for the Holy Grail

A diamond in the rough…  a jewel yet undiscovered.  Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.  I remember the day that I saw my first Electone.  It looked like the pilot’s console on the Starship Enterprise.  Gleaming white, with three tiers of keys and endless arrays of buttons that glowed every so brightly.  Now this is an instrument I thought.
An instrument…  It’s hard to find a good instrument these days.  Oh sure, you can find something with keys that makes sounds.  If you’re lucky, it will make some sounds that inspire you to write music.  But will it inspire you to be a better musician?  Will it inspire your to explore?  Sadly, so few electronic instruments do.  I think this is why I began my quest.  A quest that started with years of research and was followed by many more years of searching.  It has been said that the meek shall inherit the earth.  I received my inheritance just last week.  This is my story.

No comments :