Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Electone Dreams... Part II

If you’re trying to learn about the Yamaha series of Electone organs you’re SOL.  Seriously, there isn’t really that much out there about them.  I feel like I should give special credit to whoever created the http://www.electone.com/museum/ website.  It is by far the best archive of these instruments and I've found (still find) myself constantly referring to it for information.  You see, the folks over at Yamaha made some really innovative and ground breaking instruments.  We’ve all heard of the infamous CS80 synthesizer.  My God, I think that Vangelis made his entire career off of that machine.  Try searching for a CS80 on Ebay…  Expect to spend around $8,000 to land one of these suckers.  If you get one, chances are you’ll need a tech to tune it, etc.  What if there was a way to get all of this analog goodness without paying the premium price?  It was this question that lead me down my own path in search for the holy analog grail.

No comments :